Sustainable Beauty is an inspirational and practical guide to living a more eco-consciousÂ lifestyle and maintaining a low-wasteÂ beauty routine.
Vegan, cruelty-free, ‘clean’, organic, non-GM, zero-waste,Â not to mention palm oil, silicones and micro-plastics – whereÂ do you start when it comes to creating a sustainable beautyÂ routine? There are thousands of products claiming to be betterÂ for the environment and your skin, but they also come with aÂ hefty price tag. So what can we actually do to make a difference?Â This book provides the small steps everyone can take to makeÂ a big difference at home.
Justine Jenkins, an holistic and sustainable make-up artist &Â consultant,Â guides you through – breaking down the issuesÂ and explaining how we can mitigate them at home. With easyÂ tutorials to follow – from simplifying your beauty routine and product label literacyÂ through to recipes for DIY hydratingÂ serums and superfood face masks – JenkinsÂ shows you how small changes in habit can result in a more sustainableÂ beauty routine that doesn’t break the bank.
Did you know that…
- More than 120 billion units of packagingÂ are produced in the global cosmeticsÂ industry annually.Â
- If refillable containers were used forÂ cosmetics, as much as 70% of carbonÂ emissions associated with the beautyÂ industry could be eliminated.Â
- An estimated 70% of beauty productsÂ contain a palm oil derivative, theÂ production of which is believed toÂ be responsible for 8% of the world’sÂ deforestation between 1990 and 2008.Â
With this book you can…
- Take your first steps inÂ creating an eco-smart dresser: learn how to read a label, and find out what natural ingredients you’ll need to make your own recipes such as making yourÂ ownÂ deodorant and body butter.Â
- Make essential, nature-basedÂ cosmetics: minimize your make-upÂ drawerÂ and master both the application and creation of your new go-to beauty products, from multipurposeÂ lip balms to the perfect eyeliner flick.Â Â
- Simplify your skincare andÂ body routines: from cleansing and toning to rejuvenating and conditioning, discover your body’s needs from head to toe and the secret toÂ beautiful skin, body, hands and nails.Â
- Get luxurious hair with low-waste practices: from hair masks to healing rinses, remedying, maintainingÂ and styling shiny, healthy hair has never been easier with Jenkins’ savvy recipes,Â hacks andÂ tutorials.Â
Other titles in the Sustainable Living series include: Sustainable Home, Sustainable Travel, Sustainable Garden.