Beautiful, enchanting and wild – windswept moors, shimmering lochs and breathtakingly beautiful glens have imbued Scotland with a rugged and untamed romanticism, while its cosmopolitan cities and rich literary heritage give the country a captivating cultural legacy. Your DK Eyewitness Top 10 travel guide ensures you’ll find your way around Scotland with absolute ease.
Our newly updated Top 10 travel guide breaks down the best of Scotland into helpful lists of ten – from our own selected highlights to the best castles, lochs, epic journeys, places to shop, eat, and, of course, sample a “wee dram” of Whisky.
– Eleven easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day trip, a weekend, or a week
– Detailed Top 10 lists of Scotland’s must-sees, including comprehensive descriptions of the Edinburgh Castle, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum in Glasgow, the Isle of Skye, Glen Coe, and Loch Ness and the Great Glen.
– Scotland’s most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, going out and sightseeing
– Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip – including family activities and things to do for free
– A laminated pull-out map of Scotland, plus nine full-colour area maps
– Practical advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
– A lightweight format perfect for your pocket or bag when you’re on the move
DK Eyewitness Top 10s are the UK’s favourite pocket guides and have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 2002.
Looking for more on Scotland’s culture, history and attractions? Try our DK Eyewitness Scotland.